In my mind, in the hubs's mind, and, I think, in the adoption agencies mind, we're all moving past this birthmother situation we've briefly been in. We finally heard back from the agency this week (apparently the lady I had been trying to email was on vacation!) and they just confirmed everything we had been thinking. The birthmom can't really make up her mind about anything. At first she couldn't decide on a family and now she's not even sure if she wants to go through with the adoption at all.
The agency said since her due date is so soon, they might meet with her a few more times and then would just play things by ear and see if she called them at the hospital. Pretty much meaning they're not counting on her going through with anything, but if she freaks out at the hospital after she's given birth, they'll let us know. Can you even imagine getting that call?? haha!
But I don't expect to get that call and we're okay with that. As I've said before, God has already handpicked our child out for us and I don't want any baby but that one. So now we're just working on getting our house really, really clean for our homestudy. We're expecting that to be scheduled around the first week of June.
Please continue to pray for that birthmother as she's going through a very difficult and confusing time. Pray that she hears the voice of God leading her to the best decision for herself and for her family. Thank you!