About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

For the Love of Geocaching

On Saturday the hubs and I had the pleasure of going geocaching with my brother and sister-in-law. If you don't know what that is, here's an explanation from the geocaching website: "Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location." Or as some people like to say, "I use multi-million dollar satellites to find tupperware in the woods. What's your hobby?" haha!


But anway . . . my brother and sister-in-law got us into geocaching about a year ago. It's something that we all really enjoy doing. Geocaching gets you out of the house and takes you to places you might not have even realized was right around you. Pretty cool stuff.


This was the first time we've all gone out and done it together in quite a while. We walked a 5 mile walking/biking trail for about three hours and found six caches. It was a very lovely and active Saturday afternoon for us!


Heading out!

Going off the trail to find the first cache.

Sweet Niece #3 came along with us.

Such pretty scenes all around us.



We couldn't resist taking pictures on the cute bridge!



Found one!


Deep in the brush to find our last cache.


And, I got the sunburn of the year during our little outing. I thought it was gonna be a chilly day, so I didn't even think about sunscreen. But I have definitely learned my lesson! If I'm going to be outside for more than 20 minutes, sunscreen will be going on.

No comments: