About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

What an incredibly fun and blessed weekend I had. Life is just so good right now. I am reminded daily how great my life is and I thank God for that.

On Friday night our close group of friends headed to a Drillers game for the evening. My brother and sister-in-law were also there with their kiddos, so we sat with them towards the end of the game and for the fireworks show. I don't think I watched any of the game that night. I just enjoyed being around great friends and family. Oh, and I played in a contest they were having on Twitter and won an autographed baseball! I have no clue who the player is that signed it, but hey, still cool!

Sweet buddies playing together at the game.

Sweet Mommy and her boy snuggling.

Picking up my autographed baseball!

Hangin' with the fam a little bit.


Watching the fireworks.

On Saturday morning the hubs and I headed out to Bartlesville to spend some Mother's Day time with his mom. We had lunch at a B'ville classic, Murphy's Steakhouse. Gravy over all? Mmm, yes please! And if you don't know what that means, you need to go try the place out for yourself.

The fam headed to B'ville. Rollie loves going with us. Her Memaw and Pepaw spoil her!

Sleepy girl on the way home.

Sometime during the day on Saturday the hubs surprised me with a Mother's Day gift (candle - he knows me well) and a card. I was truly shocked. I did not expect that at all. I cried, which is kind of rare for me to do on the spot. It was just so sweet. I am so lucky to have him in my life.



On Sunday I went to church on Mother's Day for the first time in three years. It just felt like time to start going again. I am trying to move on from my infertility and not let it define me, so I was happy to be there. I even got two presents from some great friends! Again, such a shock to get a Mother's Day present.

One of them was from the craftiest person I know, Amanda. She made me a cute little bottlecap keychain with the Bible verse reference that I have at the top of this blog. So sweet! Then, as I was almost ready to leave, I saw my friends little kids come walking towards me all carrying a giftbag. I was melting already! They then presented me with, what we call, a Smoochie Frog. All of the first born children in our group have a Smoochie Frog and they decided to go ahead and get Baby Thomas one. Such a precious way for them to say that they know we will have a baby in our arms soon.

The madre and I at church on Mother's Day. And yes, I was taking pictures during church.

My cute keychain from Amanda! I stole this picture from her site 'cause every picture I took did not look as good. lol

The kiddos walking towards me with their bag.

Helping me open the present.

A Smoochie Frog for Baby Thomas!

Some smooches for Smoochie Frog.

Smoochie Frog at home in the nursery.

Again, it was a wonderful weekend. Which is something I definitely did not expect for Mother's Day Weekend. I am fully and abundantly blessed.

No comments: