About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Here We Go Again

Well, yesterday afternoon I got a call from our adoption agency. Totally unexpected since, as far as I knew, we were just back to trying to get all of the legal stuff completed. But apparently there's been some more stuff going on behind the scenes that we weren't aware of!

The phone call was to tell me that our profile had just been dropped off with a birthmom who's due July 2nd with a boy. The agency worker I was talking to said she will be shown two other families profiles, but she felt pretty good about our chances. She's meeting with the birthmom again on Tuesday and said she will call me with more details then.

As I've said before, nothing is ever 100% with adoption until all of the legal requirements are actually 100% completed. Therefore, we're not counting on anything coming from this situation either. We'll just, once again, sit back, wait, and pray for God's will to be done. :)

4 comments:

Bethany Bell Good said...

That's great!! I'll be praying for you guys! BTW: If it's okay with you, I'm emailing your post about your profile book to a friend of mine who's adopting...she really liked the sound of yours when I described it. Hope that's okay!

Vanessa said...

Yes, that's definitely okay! That's what it's there for. Share away! :)

Amber Gates said...

Praying hard for you two!! Hope you have a sweet little baby in your arms very soon! :)

Jessica Maras Cowles said...

This is exciting!!! Praying for your family!!!