About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork

I know I've said before that I never realized how many choices come with starting the adoption process. Well now, I'm shocked at how much paperwork comes with the adoption process, and we've just started! On March 19th we put our application in the mail to the agency. On March 28th our references received their information to fill out on us and we got a packet with a lot of information in it.

Here's our current list from the agency of things we need to get done...
  • Medical exam on each adult in the home
  • Medical History form on each adult
  • Statement of Income and Assets
  • Financial Statement of Monthly Expenses
  • Agency Agreement
  • Residence History Form
  • Request for Background Check (one for each adult)
  • Two sets of fingerprint cards for each adult
  • Request for Child Abuse and Neglect Information System Search
  • Copy of current marriage license
  • Copies of two months of pay checks stubs
  • Copy of health insurance card and copy of handbook verifying when you can add an infant to coverage
  • Copies of drivers licenses and social security cards
Sheesh! Can you even imagine if everyone who got pregant had to go through all that?? I'm not complaining though. I know it's all for a good reason, but still, kinda crazy.

So that's what we're busy doing right now...lots and lots of paperwork. Once that is completed, we will schedule our first home visit with the social worker at the ageny. And, I do believe, we will have even more paperwork to fill out then. I can feel the carpal tunnel setting in now!

I'll have a puzzle update post for you soon. (And if you don't know what I'm talking about, go here). I will say, it's going very well and we feel extremely blessed. Thank you to everyone for all the continued love, prayers, and support.

No comments: