About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! Ours seemed to be very busy, but lots of fun. Aren't those just the best weekends??

On Saturday we attended a great birthday party for a sweet little two year-old boy. After that we headed up to the hospital with my brother, sister-in-law, and their kiddos to visit my grandpa. He's been pretty sick for about a year now and seems to be in and out of the hospital a lot, so prayers for him are appreciated.

Once we were done there, the hubs and I went to Josh's Sno Shack with a good friend. We saw on their Twitter account that if you came in Thunder gear that day, you got a dollar off your purchase. We couldn't pass that up! We very much enjoyed our first shaved ice of the season.

Somewhere inbetween all of that, the hubs took me Easter dress shopping at Kohl's. Let me tell you, I was not the only procrastinator there! That place as jam packed. Every dressing room was a disaster and you were lucky if you could even get into one! But somehow, I was still able to find a great dress that was on sale and made me look super skinny, so I was pretty excited about that.

Our Easter day was simple and lovely. Church was great and then we went to lunch at Qdoba with my parents and some friends. We had our Growing Kids God's Way class that night and then afterwards hungout with some good friends until about 10:30. Like I said, it was a busy weekend, but definitely a lot of fun. We are greatly blessed.

The hubs sitting down with the kids at the birthday party waiting on instructions for the Easter egg hunt. Yep, that's the man I married! haha!

Opening our present.

A Thomas umbrella! He had seen this before and specifically requested it. We couldn't let him down.

And a Thomas train!

First Josh's of the season. So yummy!

Wonderful Easter morning.

The Easter Candy Bark I made. It was very sweet...like a little shot of sugar. But still yummy! You can find the recipe here.

No comments: