About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Adoption Update

Well, I don't really have all that much to update you on. I'm just not very good at coming up with titles for posts, so that's all I could think of. haha!


We mailed in a large stack of paperwork (as you can see pictured) yesterday. Hopefully that will get things moving along with our homestudy some more. Once our background checks and what-not have come in, the social worker with our agency will come out to our house a few times for some home visits.


We have doctor appointments next Thursday for both of us to get our physicals completed. After we're done with that we will head over to the police station to get our fingerprints done. What a fun and invasive morning that will be! ;)


I gotta say...when I pictured becoming a mom, I never thought that the police, social workers, and FBI would be involved! haha! But truthfully, I'm so incredibly excited about it and can't wait to get even further along in the process.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Adoption Costs
*Puzzle for adoption fundraiser - $19.78
*Postage for mailing application - $4.95
*Application fee - $500
*Postage for mailing paperwork - $1.73
Running Total - $526.46

1 comment:

Julia Stewart said...

There is a card heading your way. I'm so excited for you guys!! There are a lot of people out here that are praying for you and your children.