About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome To The World, Baby Kate

I'm a little late on getting around to writing this, but almost a week ago our sweet friends daughter, Kate, was born. She is more precious beyond anything I could imagine. She is the perfect little snuggler and has the sweetest coo's and squeaks.

I had honestly been a little afraid and nervous leading up to the time that she had been born. She was the first little baby in our group of friends to arrive since Mike and I have been real deep into the process of trying to get pregnant ourselves. I thought it would be too emotionally overwhelming to go up to the hospital to see her and our friends. I thought I would barely be able to be there for five minutes and wouldn't want
to go back again. However, everything was completely different from that. From the second I held her I was totally smitten. I was addicted and in love!! I couldn't have enjoyed being around her more and couldn't have been more happy for our friends. In fact, I was so in love that I spent 5 hours up at the hospital with her the next day!

By all means, being there definitely made me want one of my own even more, but not in a sad or depressing way. Simply in a "Oh my gosh, she's so stinking cute, I must have one!!" type of way. I am thrilled for our friends to have this beautiful daughter in their lives and anticipate even more the day that God reveals to me what He has planned for my life.

No comments: