About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Monday, January 28, 2008

One Shot Down, Five to Go.

Well, it's official - I am now menopausal! I went in today for my first injection. I was hoping it would be in the arm. I knew it would be different when the nurse came in and starting shutting the blinds... haha! It was administered in my hip. Not too terrible honestly. And no Shane, I didn't cry. :)

The point of these injections is to decrease my estrogen, but during the first two weeks it will actually increase which causes my endometriosis to flare up. It could be a painful next two weeks, but things should start straightening out pretty soon after that and get back to normal. Or as close to normal as my life will be for the next six months! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

so I am thinking that I might start that 365 project in February now too! It sounds pretty cool! We should start it together. :0)