About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

Puzzle Update & Adoption Update

Okay, I got slightly behind on blogging last week, so this will be a puzzle update and a small adoption update.

Last week, for Week 9, we sold 12 puzzle pieces! That makes for 219 pieces put together total. We were able to finish our second heart square and are now onto the third one. Only 788 pieces to go!


Now, as for a small adoption update... A few weeks ago I told you there was birthmom looking at our profile who was due with a boy on July 2nd. Well, it looks like that situation isn't going to pan out. The email I got from our adoption agency said that "she wants to try to parent the child." The agency worker was very sweet and encouraged us to stay positive. She said they have many other options around the corner. She ended the email by saying, "Your baby is coming!"

I believe her. And I also believe that God has our child chosen already. But I also know I don't wanna have to go through these back-and-forth feelings over and over again. That could get emotionally tiring very quickly. Blech. But I will just pray and hope for the best, knowing that God has this all mapped out perfectly.

And for another quick update, we have our official homestudy this Wednesday. Eek! I'm definitely super nervous. This is where the social worker with our agency comes over to our home to make sure it's safe, clean, family-sufficient, etc. She will also extensively interview the hubs and I together and seperately. The whole process will probably last 3-4 hours. It's slightly nerve-racking, to say the least.

But once that is done, all of our legal paperwork will be completed. At that point we will be what the adoption community calls "Paper Pregnant". We will just be sitting back and waiting for a match. I can't wait!

No comments: