About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Progress

I actually have an update to share!  We are making some progress.  It's happening slowly, but we truly are getting somewhere!

For now (because nothing is ever 100% certain with all of this in my book) we have decided to pursue our adoption through Catholic Charities.  (And no, you don't have to be Catholic to adopt through them.)  We have had several friends mention them to us, so we finally decided to check it out.  We liked everything we saw, so we decided to get started!  And the best thing about them is that their fees are based off of income, therefore they are the cheapest agency we've found.

We have already filled out their pre-application and were approved to work with them.  The next step in the process is to attend an adoption seminar that they put on.  We will go to that on October 28th.

It's so exciting to just finally have a specific direction we're taking!  This is a very long journey we have ahead of us now, so please continue to keep us in your prayers.  I will put updates on here for every step of the way!

4 comments:

Danna 'Nelson' Townsdin said...

‎:o)

Unknown said...

YAY VANESSA AND MIKE! How exciting!!!

Amber Gates said...

This is exciting news! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Kristi Bowers said...

praise God for His timing and guidance!