About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Post Surgery

I went in for my laparoscopic surgery at 7:00 this morning and am now at home resting. Everything went great with no complications. When I first had this surgery in December of 2007 I was diagnosed with being at a Stage 2 out of 4 of endometriosis. Today, two and a half years later, I was still at a Stage 2! That was such great news to hear!! Some of the endometriosis had begun to grow outside of my uterus, but the great Dr. Nilson was able to burn all of it off! He said that my tubes were clear and my ovaries were good now. He had to remove some endo off of one ovary, but after that things were looking good in that area. So now it's just rest time for the next week. I am definitely going to be enjoying that!

There's a lot for us to think about in regards to where we want to go from here. One of the doctors I work with adopted his daughter. He has begun to put some "feelers" out for us with his hospital connections to see if he hears of any mom's who are pregnant, but are wanting to put their child up for adoption. Now that I've had this surgery and have been "cleaned up" a bit, we're wanting to try for a little bit on our own again to get pregnant. The plan for now is to wait things out for about three months, until August. If August comes and we're not pregnant or have no adoption leads then we might start looking more seriously into doing some IVF treatments in St. Louis.

So that's our plan for now. Of course, things could completely change come tomorrow because that's simply our human plan, but we know that God is ultimately in control. He may come in and shake things all up, but we are more than okay with that. I may overuse this word on my blog, but I truly, truly am blessed and trust God's plans more than anything I could ever imagine for myself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of my endometriosis from today! If you're squeamish, look away now, but, personally, I think it's pretty cool!

This first picture is of some intestines along with some endometriosis. If you look in the back you can see some white stuff. That is an adhesion from the endo.



Here are two more picture of the endometriosis. In the first one, if you look close, you can see a lump with some white, glossy stuff around that. That is an adhesion along with scar tissue. In the second picture, you can clearly see the endo adhesion where the laser is pointing.




These two pictures are of the removed endometriosis. You can see the "holes" or kind of "dips" from where some of the adhesions once were.



2 comments:

bethany said...

I'm glad we found each other's blogs!
Glad to hear that your surgery went well. I will be sending lots of prayers your way. I think it's fantastic that you are so open about what's going on and even more fantastic that you are open to what God has in store for you guys - no matter how he choses to do it=)

Karen Van Sickle said...

Thanks for sharing such a personal journey. There are so so many women/couples who are dealing with issues like you have. Praying for God's strength as you heal and wisdom as you seek Him for your family.