About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blessed

Last weekend was a busy one for me, but oh, so much fun! My Friday and Saturday morning were spent with my brother and sister-in-law, Michael and Ashlee. We had a garage sale at their house and it was a lot of fun just getting to hangout for hours! But the best part of all of it was...despite the fact that they had a lot of stuff in the sale, they gave all of the money that was made to me. It's to go into our "Believe" fund that we have for eventually finding our way to becoming parents in one way or another. I couldn't believe the selflessness they had for me. Ashlee thanked me several times for having the garage sale and helping her get rid of her "junk." I was amazed that she was thanking me when she was giving me all of her money! And she's not the first person in our lives to do something like this. One of our best friends, Amelia, gave me half of her JBF money because she claims I "helped" her with getting it all together! We have such great people in our lives!

On Friday night we hung out with our good friends Chris and Amelia. We had our typical "Dinner & a Netflix Movie" night. It had been quite a while before we had gotten together with them, so it was really nice to get to do it again.

Then on Saturday evening Mike and I went to our first Driller's game of the season with my parents. It was great to actually be at a game in the new stadium! Although we didn't get to see a win, we did see their first home run of the season. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that baseball season is here!

Like I said, it was a very busy, but fun weekend. I am truly blessed in my life. Blessed beyond measure and more than I could ever imagine. Life is hard, but life is also blessed, and I think it's that way for most people. So I choose to focus on the blessed and make the most out of this life that I have been given.


Mike doing his part at the garage sale...hanging out inside watching "Dora"!


My parents at the Drillers game.


A beautiful evening game of baseball!

No comments: