About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Monday, March 2, 2009

Mellow Yellow

As most of you know, I became diagnosed with endometriosis in December of 2007. Endometriosis is a disease that currently has no cure and affects many, many women in this world. Thankfully, it is not life threatening, but it is definitely life altering (it caused me to be in menopause at the age of 21) and can greatly affect a woman's fertility. Well, March is National Endometriosis Awareness month and, more specifically, March 2nd this year was Yellow Shirt Day. Yellow is the color for endometriosis so this is just something simple to do every year to raise awareness for the disease and give a little nod to those who are suffering from it. So here is my hubby and I wearing our yellow shirts today! I am so blessed to get to have him by my side throughout all of this!

2 comments:

Ashlee Priest said...

I wore a yellow shirt today... It was a workshirt from McAlster's and way too small, but I wore it!

Vanessa said...

Aww, thanks so much! That really means a lot to me!