About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Uninhibited

This morning at church the hubs, Little Pirate, and I sat with my parents. We normally sit on the opposite side of the auditorium from them with our friends and all their kids. But Little Pirate has had a yucky cough, so I didn't want to risk getting any of the other kids sick.

Now just a little info on my parents... They are very bold in their faith. They are not ashamed of it and will praise God anyway they see fit. They are great role models.

So this morning while we were singing songs my parents both lifted their hands up in praise to the Lord. This isn't uncommon for them to do. But we don't usually sit with them, so Little Pirate was very intrigued.

He was staring at them the whole time. He just couldn't keep his eyes off of them. He kept reaching for them and touching my mom's hand. He was in awe of them being in awe of the Lord.

It was a beautiful moment for me. It was just so sweet to watch him watching them. I prayed right then that he may grow up to have that kind of passion for the Lord. That he may experience the joy that comes from worshipping completely uninhibited.

I'm so thankful that he has such wonderful grandparents to be an example of this to him.

2 comments:

Coachie Bowers said...

precious

Jenny 'White' Connell said...

Love this Vanessa. A not only are they role models to your boy but to so many more!! I remember when they used to sit over in front of us and Will was two. He would watch them both and often while we were singing he would lift his hands in praise whenever they would! I remember praying that same prayer....that my children would have that same passion and thanking God that your parents were a part of our lives and were showing my son how to really praise our God!!