About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Friday, April 27, 2012

National Infertility Awareness Week

It is currently National Infertility Awareness Week (April 22-28). This is something that is still very close to my heart. I will always be an infertile. The joy of adoption is not a cure for infertility.

I truly feel that God has called me to build my family through adoption. I know that it is a part of His plan for my life. But infertility still hurts.

I no longer have the desire to be pregnant. But I do sometimes wish that I could build my family more easily. I have always dreamed of having four children, but I've had to slowly let go of that. It may still happen, who knows. But it's very unlikely.

Adoption is expensive. Yes, we all know that. But it is something that makes growing your family very difficult. I can't even imagine the ease of wanting to add to your family, so you just get pregnant. It's so simple. And yet so far out of my reach.

Adding more children to my family involves a lot of research, a lot of decisions, and a lot of money saving. I have no idea when we'll add more, but yes, we are already having to save for #2 even though it's probably years away.

My son is my joy. I have a passion for adoption now. But infertility will always be a part of my life.

It is now estimated that almost 1 out of 6 couples deal with infertility. You may not think you know someone who suffers from this, but I promise, you do. Please be sensitive to the struggles of people dealing with infertility. Be aware, reach out, and let them know you care.

1 comment:

Lola Welch Priest said...

Love you, your sweet family and your precious,precious, precious heart! Cannot wait to meet your precious and sweet little bundle of joy...he is getting so big! It is very obvious he is a very happy baby boy, due to the precious gift of his mommy and daddy. God's blessings and beautiful gifts are so awesome!!!