About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Update...Sorta

Well, I haven't written anything on here in 3 weeks now. There's two reasons for that. 1: We've been crazy busy lately. I can't even tell you anything specific we've been doing. But we've definitely been busy! 2: The biggest reason...I just feel like I don't have any updates to give.

We're at a frustrating standstill right now. Which is especially frustrating because really, we haven't even been able to do anything to truly get started yet. A while back I mentioned that one of the doctor's I work with adopted his daughter several years ago. He recently gave me a phone number for a local adoption attorney and encouraged me to give her a call. He did warn me, however, not to call her unless we were really ready to move forward with all of this. He said most people get a baby through her in about 2 months and he's even seen someone get a baby in 48 hours!

As you can imagine, I was thrilled to get her number! I couldn't wait for the next open opportunity I had to give her a call. But, that was about 4 weeks ago and we have yet to call her. Simply because we cannot figure out if we can afford to do this or not. We can afford to have a baby, yes. But we cannot afford to buy a baby. At 23 and 24 years-old we are trying to figure out how to spend $10,000+ and possibly go into major debt, all so we can become parents. It's a little stressful, to say the least.

So we're taking some time right now to just rest. And think. And count our pennies. And pray. It's been so, so hard to be in this stage of things. It drives me crazy feeling like I'm doing nothing proactive right now for this long journey we've been on to become parents. But I must learn to rest in the Lord and His timing. I know that everything will turn out perfectly because of Him, but the process is very frustrating right now. Prayers from all of our friends would be much appreciated.

3 comments:

Sharon Candy Harmon Grimes said...

You are in our prayers!

Lauren said...

Hey Vanessa! Its wonderful to see the journey you and mike are on! We will pray for yall and the big decisions you're dealing with. I know God will really bless yall! I hope yall are doing well! :)

Keisha said...

What a wonderful opportunity. I am praying for you and Mike both. Your attitude about this is amazing and encouraging to others. I hope you guys are doing well.