About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Monday, March 14, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I really never would have imagined how many decisions come with adoption. But we are finally getting somewhere with all of it. I know, I know...I've said that before. But it's been a stressful road to try and decide where our child is going to come from.

We have, however, settled on private adoption. The road to becoming parents for us is going to be stressful enough on its own. Right now, we're simply in the state of mind of wanting to be a Mommy and Daddy. I don't think we're ready for the emotional roller coaster and ups and downs of DHS at this time.

DHS has been put on our hearts, that's for sure, and that may come up later in life. Maybe we will adopt through DHS one day or maybe our eyes just needed to be opened a little bit more to DHS. I'm not sure where it may lead, but for now, we will not be adopting through them.

We are using a small in-state agency that works with only a few couples at a time. The total estimated cost will be about $30,000. There is a tax credit we can apply for after the adoption is completed that will help us get some money back, but there are still a lot of other fees that will need to be paid for. We are doing all we can to personally save up for this and the hubs has gotten a second job just for the adoption. We do have a few fundraisers in mind to help out with the costs as well and will post more on that later.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this blog about us adopting. I really can't say enough how stressful it is to decide which path of adoption to take. But I told myself I would be open and honest here through every step of the way. So that's why you've heard about every back and forth decision. But we are ready to move forward now and would appreciate it if you kept us in your prayers. This is only the beginning for us.

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

Praying for you on this journey