About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm an Auntie again!

My brother and sister-in-law, Michael and Ashlee, had their fourth baby on Tuesday, making me an Auntie of a newborn all over again!  No one knew the gender except for Ashlee's mom, so we all got to find out when we went to the hospital.  They had a beautiful girl making their family wonderfully complete with three girls and one boy.


Aunt Vanessa and sweet Charlotte!

She is so beautiful!

Uncle Mike and Charlotte

The biggest sister with the baby sister.

Abijah's turn with her baby sister.

Charlotte's sweet and precious toes.

I got to spend my lunch break on Wednesday just snuggling the sweet girl!

It's so much fun having another niece to love and spoil!  I, of course, love her tons already.  I am very blessed to be an auntie of so many sweet kids!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And here's just a quick little bit of info on where we're at with adoption...  Over the past month I have been in contact with a private adoption agency a lot.  We even had a phone interview with them and went over a lot of information on getting started with their program.  But, without going into every single detail, I will just say that we are once again looking into DHS adoption or fostering-to-adopt.  It seems like we (aka, ME!) have been trying so hard to ignore this option, but God has been putting it in our paths on almost a weekly basis.  It's getting a little hard to continue to ignore. ;)  So that's where we're at.  We are praying a lot about it since, honestly, it really scares us (again, aka, just ME).  We are trying to decide between just adopting or doing foster-to-adopt.  I'll let you know anything new when we know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Vanessa Sweetie, I love you for so many reasons and even though we do not live near each other there is so much I know and I see when we are visiting, even when you are quiet, in your photos and in your heart, what do I love about you:
Your Heart
Your Spirit
Your Love For Your Family
You Compassion

Danna said...

I'm proud of you. Love you!

Unknown said...

It just keeps getting closer Vanessa! We're continuing to pray for you, and perhaps God knows your baby will be placed in DHS custody and he knows what he's doing ;)
I love you sweet friend. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
OH! And make SURE you let me help you with the car seat ;)