About Me

My photo
I am so happy being married and living with my best friend. We adopted our first child, Ari, in 2011 through a domestic adoption and our second, Jude, in 2014.

Popular Posts

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Boredom of Rest

This post-surgery "resting stuff" has been pretty nice. However, this post-surgery "resting stuff" for an entire week straight can also get pretty boring, pretty quick. Therefore, I have tried to find small things I can do to keep myself entertained while still sitting on my booty. A few months ago I found a really cute idea for a scrapbook paper wreath on the blog Razzle Dazzle Crafting. I decided to give it a shot myself to make a spring wreath and this was my results...


Cute, right?? And it's sooo simple!! Here's the process:

First you need to cut out lots of approx. 1x6 strips of paper. I simply cut a 12x12 piece of paper into twelve one inch wide sections. I then cut those in half lengthwise to get 24 strips out of one piece of paper. Next, I put Mod Podge on the front and back of all of the strips. This step is a little tedious and definitely isn't necessary, but I personally think it makes everything a lot sturdier so the wreath will last longer and store better.


Once both sides have dried you staple the ends together to make little loops out of the paper.


Then you simply hot glue your strips onto the wreath to cover it!


I wrapped my styrofoam wreath in ribbon for a nicer look whenever there are some spaces showing in between the paper. I generally use 4-6 different designs/types of paper. With getting 24 strips out of each paper, this makes enough strips for two wreaths.

Also, the wreath I used the first time had squared off edges. I later found some wreaths (at the Dollar Store!) that were completely round and I liked that look a lot better. This was such a cheap, simple, and easy craft to make! I will definitely be making more of them. In fact, I have already made one for the Fourth of July and Halloween!



I would say the total cost for each wreath is about $5.
Styrofoam wreath - $1 (Dollar Store)
Ribbon - Approx. $2-$3 (I've had to use about a roll and a half on each wreath)
Paper - Approx. $2 (I bought a huge seasonal pack of paper at Hob Lob when it was half off for $10. I could make at least 5 wreaths out of each season from the pack, so probably about 30 wreaths total could come from the whole package. This is also nice to use because that way the paper already matches and coordinates for you!)

Now I'm off to cut strips of paper for a nice Fall wreath! And do some actual resting, of course! ;)


I'm linking up here:

DIY Day @ ASPTL

12 comments:

Amanda said...

love them, they are so cute!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is adorable. I can't believe that is made from paper! Love it!

Angie Holden said...

Those are cute!!

Jennifer Juniper said...

How fun! And colorful! My favorite combo :)

Tammy said...

Ok..came to read for an update and found a new craft to keep me out of trouble!!! Love you so much! You are an awesome Lady of God!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Ash Att said...

love it!! those are so cute!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the color and texture opportunities with the thousands of scrapbook designs...

Absolutely lovely!

:) Laura

Unknown said...

LOVE this... what a great idea! I bet you could customize the paper to a shower or party as well... :)
We have a friday fun finds party... we'd love it if you'd link to this! :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Glad you all like it!

Michelle - Thanks for the feature!

Kristin & Jordan - I'd love to link up! And I've been thinking the same thing about the showers. I'm going to a baby girl shower this weekend and trying to come up with an excuse to make one for it! lol Or maybe even one in the nursery colors! My sister-in-law came up with the idea for a "Happy Birthday" themed one that I'm making for her. I'll have to post it when I'm done.

Janyt May said...

How cute! Love your creativity.

Jeanne Priest said...

Cute!!!